STATE CREDITS & INCENTIVES
State credits and incentives can be an important part of a company’s overall tax strategy. Credits and incentives provide additional working capital for expansion, maintenance and hiring opportunities as well as offsetting tax liabilities. However, understanding the plethora of state tax credits and incentives and their associated compliance requirements can be confusing and burdensome.
SimekScott's credits and incentives services provide our clients with a comprehensive and holistic approach to uncovering credit and incentive risks and opportunities. Working closely and collaborating with our clients to understand their operations, we can determine what credits and incentives they have historical utilized, identify any current risks and determine whether additional credit and incentive opportunities are available.
We will work with our clients to identify credit and incentive risks and opportunities through:
- Credit and incentive review: Identifying significant tax credits and incentives available to our clients based on their location, industry and operations.
- Operational review: Gaining a deep understanding of our clients' business operations.
- Planned capital expenditure review: Working with key personnel to develop a full picture of operational maintenance spend, expansions and general capital expenditures.
- Quantify and qualify: Developing a holistic report that quantifies and qualifies the potential risks and opportunities among the options available to our clients' operations.
- Credit and incentive report: Providing a report which documents risks and opportunities, provides a roadmap related to assistance in filing requirements, state requirements for realizing the value of credits and an implementation plan.